Thursday, February 16, 2012

Turner Classic Movie Review- Splendor In The Grass(1961)

So the thing is that I pretty much love classic movies. I just love the feel of them in general. One of my favorites is Splendor In The Grass. Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood were amazing in this movie. It just felt like real life! Brilliant acting and scenes and an amazing story completely. The ending is perfect. Almost too perfect.
There was so many emotions here that we all feel genuinely in real life. The reality of a love that was lost but still there but can never be. What a great film!

I also love the tub scene! I don't know why. I think it's a very understandable position a lot of teenage girls have gone through. The embarrassment of not being like everyone else because you're a virgin. It's a complicated subject. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a virgin. It is something young girls should be applauded for not made fun of! But since society shoves sex down teenagers throats this is how a lot feel. I just love the rawness of Natalie Woods in this scene though! It's pretty darn terrific.



No comments:

Post a Comment